The FREE digital photography competition organized by Curaçao International Film Festival Rotterdam is about to start again. There are a few changes compared to the last competition; for detailed instructions and competition rules be sure to carefully read the full Terms & Conditions.
Here are the competition details in short:
Who can participate?
- The competition is open for residents of Curaçao only regardless of age.
- Participation is FREE!
What should you do?
- Take a digital photograph with a subject that fits in one or more of the themes listed below.
- You may enter as many categories as you like but with a maximum of only one (1) photo per category. NEW!
- Any photo entered in the competition must have been taken on Curaçao. NEW!
How and when to enter your photo(s)?
- Go to www.curacaoiffr.com and register for a (free) account and remember your login data.
- Upload your photo in the appropriate theme category, come back anytime to upload more.
- Enter a title for your photo.
- Submission period runs from November 1, 2013 until midnight on February 28, 2014.
What are the themes/categories?
For Curaçao IFFR 2014, we’ll have four (4) color categories AND one (1) black & white category. NEW!
The themes for the four categories accepting ONLY COLOR photos are:
- Art of Nature
- The Look of Sound
The theme for the only category accepting ONLY BLACK &WHITE photos is:
What can you win?
1. Jury Award:
- First the Jury makes a selection of 10 photos from each category, thus a selection of 50 photos.
- This Jury Selection will be marked as such on the website on March 15, 2014. NEW!
- The Jury will go on to choose one (1) winning photograph for each theme/category, making for 5 Jury Award winning photos that each will be awarded a cash prize of ANG 750. NEW!
2. Audience Choice Award NEW!
- The Jury Selection of 50 photos is eligible to compete for the Audience Choice Award.
- Exactly as it says: the audience will also choose a winner!
- The online voting period runs from March 16 till midnight on March 31, 2014.
- The photo with the most votes at closing time of the voting period will be the winner of the Audience Choice Award.
- The winner of the Audience Choice Award will receive full accreditation as special Curaçao IFFR 2014 guest photographer for all official events of the Curaçao IFFR 2014 edition. (detailed instructions to be announced at the start of the festival).
- This Award is personal and non-transferable so make sure you’ll be available that week or your prize will go to the runner-up!
The winners of the five (5) Jury Awards and the Audience Choice Award will be announced during the opening of the Curaçao IFFR exhibit on April 1, 2014.