Caribbean Shorts Competition 2017
The entry for film submissions to Caribbean Shorts Competition 2017 is closed.
The short film competition set-up has been changed. If you participated in the CIFFR short film competition before, please carefully read the terms & conditions first!
In April 2016, CIFFR entered into a cooperation agreement with six film festivals in the region to promote and encourage the exchange of know-how and experience in the field of filmmaking through, among other things, organizing competitions, workshops, and the exchange of talented professionals. With this in mind, CIFFR has adapted the set-up of the annual short film competition to have not only local but also Caribbean filmmakers compete together and get a chance to have their film screened at multiple festivals in the Caribbean and Mexico.
From all entries from Aruba, Curaçao, St Maarten, BES, and Suriname, one (1) film will be selected by a jury to continue in the competition as nominee for the Caribbean Shorts Award 2017.
Each of the collaborating film festivals will enter one (1) film as well. Thus, a total of seven (7) films will be nominated for the Caribbean Shorts Award.
The Caribbean Shorts Award winning film – chosen by an international jury during the upcoming 6th edition of CIFFR - will be screened at the next edition of each of the collaborating festivals:
- Festival Internacional del Nuevo Cine Latinoamericano de la Havana (Cuba)
- Festival de Cine Global Dominicano (Dominican Republic)
- Festival Régional et International du Cinéma de Guadeloupe
- Rencontres Cinéma Martinique
- Morelia International Film Festival (Mexico)
- Trinidad & Tobago Film Festival
Please use this form if you are a filmmaker from Aruba, Curacao, St Maarten, BES or Suriname:
- Short film of min. 3 and max. 20 minutes (including credits) in length.
- Only one (1) film can be submitted per individual.
- NOTE: Commercial or music videos are excluded from participation.
- Submit your film by vimeo or youtube link only - wetransfer files are not accepted!
Submission deadline is 1 March 2017. The videos shown have entered the competition but are not nominated.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email: firstname.lastname@example.org